A better pallet
PalletDAQ®: An instrumented pallet for unit load stability and transit analytics
Evaluate, solve, and verify solutions to costly problems in your supply chain.
Identify the problems so you can design packaging systems for stability and cost savings
PalletDAQ® is an instrumented pallet that can be used in-plant or over-the-road in the trailer to evaluate stacking and transport stability of pallet configurations. This self-contained data acquisition system documents the performance of unit loads, cases, and individual packages during handling and transport.
PalletDAQ® services can be configured to measure the data you need, including load, pressure, acceleration, temperature, humidity, inclination, and displacement.
- Easy to use, the system can be handled in the supply chain like any other pallet
- Quickly and easily download destination data
- Design systems for better stability because you know the root problem
How PalletDAQ works
- PalletDAQ is based on a standard 40” x 48” pallet footprint and deckboard pattern
- in PalletDAQ, the wooden support blocks that usually separate the pallet’s base and deck are replaced by metal enclosures containing a computerized data acquisition system and batteries.
- Multiple channels of mixed sensor types can be monitored and recorded for extended time periods.
In Figure 1, you can see the first three days of data from a week-long transit test where load cells were incorporated into a beverage pallet. The periods when the shipment was moving are readily apparent as bursts of activity in the data.
By including a triaxial accelerometer in the sensor package, vibration power spectral density data for the entire trip can be extracted, as shown in Figure 2.
Ready to eliminate hidden problems?
Call us for an assessment today >